Below are the requirements for submitted artwork, and acceptable forms thereof. Click here for a PDF version.
Artistic Awards Can Help Your Art!
Often, we can make your non-camera ready art acceptable. With a little work, we can re-typeset new information, clean-up existing art, or even create new art for logos and other placed graphics. Please contact a sales representative to review your artwork needs.
Artistic Awards considers the following acceptable parameters for Camera Ready Art.
- Artwork is submitted on clean white paper, or film
- Artwork is generated in black and white, with no grey
- A first generation reproduction (meaning no photo copies or faxes)
- Any halftone (grey areas) must be approved by our Art Department
Artistic Awards considers the following acceptable parameters for Multi-Color Art.
- A full color composite
- Color separations, either process or spot
- Registration Marks
Artistic Awards can print photographs to be included with your awards. For best results, please be advised of the following:
- Images must be 300 pixels per inch at the size it will be printed, for optimal results.
- We understand this resolution stuff can be confusing, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to give us a call: 1-877-350-9951
Artistic Awards prefers vector based files such as Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, or an .EPS. The following formats are acceptable.
- Version 12 or prior
- Include any fonts used, or convert text to curves
- Only convert to curves the text that will not be edited (i.e. allowing names to be changed)
Adobe Creative Suite 3
- Creative Suite 3 or prior
(Illustrator, PDF, or InDesign)
- Include any fonts used, or convert text to outlines
- Embed any linked images
- Only convert to curves the text that will not be edited (i.e. allowing names to be changed) otherwise, you will need to include a TrueType, or OpenType version of the typeface.
- Embed any linked images
- Black & White line art must be 600 DPI
- The image must be the size that it will be reproduced—and not any smaller
Raster images such as the .tif format are resolution dependent and cannot be scaled
- TIFF images cannot be machine engraved
- BMP files are accepted under the same parameters as TIFF files
For all electronic files...
- Please send a composite version of your artwork for verification purposes. If you are sending a vector file, please also include a flattened raster image (such as a .jpg or .pdf)
- CD ROM, CD-R, CD-RW
- DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM
- Or, you may send your artwork via email attachment to email@example.com
Please reference your order number or organization's contact in the subject line of your email. And as always, please feel free to call with questions concerning your artwork. We will be happy to help you in any way.